The 3-Step Audit: Start with where you are
(aka Situational Analysis)
To position your property owner/management company as professionally operated your visual assets need to be in focus with straight lines while being consistent in their colour palette, ratios, and sizing.
Step #1 - What is Your Current Intended Branding?
What are your company, and individual property, mission/tagline, and objectives?
Mission/Tag line: your company and property’s “why”
Objectives: are measurable results and can be leasing, traffic, awareness, and brand position recognition
- Create a one-page document brief
- Company Mission or your Company Tag line: Type it out
- Company Objectives: Type it out
- Property Mission or Tag line: Type it out
- Property Objectives: Type it out
Step #2 - How do your current visual assets match your Intended Branding?
Analyze your current visual assets to determine if they align with those objectives.
- Create an Excel Document
- Column #1
- Individual Property Names
- Column #2
- Website home page URL
- Column #3
- Tenant/Unit Image URL
- Column #4
- Google Maps URL
- Column #5
- Social Media URLs
- Column #6
- Printed Assets
- Column #7
- Are all Assets Consistent with the Mission
Step #3: How Getting On-Brand Should look like
The Ideal Visual Representation of your company and Properties *you can have tiers, for example, you can have a community shopping centre whose “look” would not match up with a strip mall or office tower’s “look”
- List your individual properties into lifestyles
- List how each property’s visual assets should look as represented by a URL, screen capture, or direct images
- This imagery can be from another company or from within your own company - the idea is to give an example of the gold standard that your properties assets need to follow in line with
Note: This can be a time-consuming process, if you would like to save time I offer consulting services to complete the process for you; pricing is available by quote.